Summary: Follow this article below, you will know how to use the multi-track MXF Converter to convert Canon XF300 MXF video to FCP X for editing with multi audio channels.
The XF300 camcorder is the newest member of our CineAlta HD line. It is equipped with three 2/3-inch type CCDs and a "Power HAD FX" progressive CCD with 1920 x 1080 effective pixels. Stunning-quality HD images can be captured at a data rate of up to 50Mbps using the MPEG-2 4:2:2 compression. The XF300 is a great addition to the growing arsenal of HD cameras at Production Outfitters. It provides multi-format recording flexibility including 1080i, 720P and SD, which comes with HD/SD conversion and cross conversion between 1080i and 720P.
Canon XF300 utilize file-based MPEG-2 compression with an MXF File Wrapper, but using MXF footage on Mac is a big problem. Canon XF300 MXF format is not compatible with Final Cut Pro X on Mac. So if you want to edit Canon XF300 MXF in FCP X, you first need to convert Canon XF300 MXF video to compatible format like ProRes 422 codec. And what's more, for people who want to edit them in FCP X, is there anyway to keep all the multiple audio/video track separately as original?
Fortunately, Pavtube iMixMXF can help you to get it done. With it you are allowed to preserve all or any audio tracks for output Prores .MOV and mix the multiple audio tracks into one if you need.
Below are some useful tips for you and you will know how to import Canon XF300 MXF to Final Cut Pro X on Mac with multi audio channels.
1. Connect your Canon XF300 camera to Mac and keep it on; get this multi-track MXF to FCP Converter installed.
Now follow the top left two icons to load individual mxf or in batch.
2. Click "Format" and choose Multi-track Video>Multi-track Apple ProRes 422(*.mov) as the most compatible codec for FCP X editing.
3. Click "Settings" to free select needed video/audio tracks.
Check the tracks you need and left others unchecked, thus you can get Multi-track MOV with your needed audio streams. Note there's a mix into one track icon on the bottom, it will combine all your checked audio tracks into single one.
With this Pavtube iMixMXF program, you can also add some personal subtitles in it like this which makes the play backing much easier:
4. Click the red "Convert" to start converting Canon XF300 MXF to multi-track Apple Prores MOV for playback or editing on Mac.
Wait for a while to get this fresh hot multiple audio track ProRes MOV for FCP X editing on Mac.
1. Pavtube also have a Mac MXF to FCP converter program for users that do not need to deal with multi-track video/audio files; only $29 is needed atm. Refer to here to quick look this MXF Converter for Mac.
2. Good news for Blu-ray/DVD fans! Pavtube studio now provides ByteCopy for Mac plus iMixMXF bundle, saving $17 immediately! (ByteCopy for Mac is a multi-track featured blu-ray ripping program. With it, you can easily backup blu-ray to lossless multi-track MKV without any quality loss, transcode to multi-track MP4/MOV/ProRes and other mainstream video formats.)